Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“MAY OUR STRUGGLES BE SECONDARY TO OUR OBEDIENCE”

Go down

“MAY OUR STRUGGLES BE SECONDARY TO OUR OBEDIENCE” Empty “MAY OUR STRUGGLES BE SECONDARY TO OUR OBEDIENCE”

Post  CherT =) Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:13 pm

S
17 Now when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand on the head of Ephraim, it displeased him; so he took hold of his father’s hand to remove it from Ephraim’s head to Manasseh’s head. 18 And Joseph said to his father, “Not so, my father, for this one is the firstborn; put your right hand on his head.” 19 But his father refused and said, “I know, my son, I know. He also shall become a people, and he also shall be great; but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his descendants shall become a multitude of nations.” 20 So he blessed them that day, saying, “By you Israel will bless, saying, ‘May God make you as Ephraim and as Manasseh!’” And thus he set Ephraim before Manasseh. 21 Then Israel said to Joseph, “Behold, I am dying, but God will be with you and bring you back to the land of your fathers. 22 Moreover I have given to you one portion above your brothers, which I took from the hand of the Amorite with my sword and my bow.” ~Genesis 48:17-22~ (NKJV)

O
Joseph’s father knew what he was doing when he was about to bless his grandsons. Israel (Jacob) was being moved by the Spirit of God, not by him dying, not peer pressure, not by circumstances, not by what was natural to the world (firstborn first), but only by God.

A
Sometimes we think we know what’s best for us, including what blessings are better for us, and when we do this it’s like saying to God, “No thanks Lord! I’ll pass on this (blessing), because I’m waiting for a better blessing from You.” We want this one or that one. We want it this way or that way. And then we wonder why we’re not being blessed. Why we’re not moving forward. Why, why why….If we’re not moving under the anointing of God, then we need to recalibrate our hearts, or we’ll only miss out on God’s Best for us! “Our struggles are secondary to our Obedience!” (Mark Sanborn-1/17/09)

P
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Faithfulness! May we be faithful to Your calling…To Your will…To Your Leadership! In order for us to be Good Leaders, we have to first learn to be Good Followers in Christ! So show us how and when we need recalibrating of our hearts, so that we may Lead well, and Lead others closer to You…And like Jacob, may our struggles be secondary to our Obedience to You Lord! In the Mighty Name of Jesus! AMEN AND AMEN! We Love You Lord. I love you
CherT =)
CherT =)

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down