Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Special Annointing

Go down

The Special Annointing Empty The Special Annointing

Post  AndyT Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:15 am

Scripture:
14 Do not neglect the gift which is in you, [that special inward endowment] which was directly imparted to you [by the Holy Spirit] by prophetic utterance when the elders laid their hands upon you [at your ordination]. (1 Timothy 4:14 AMP)

Observation:
Paul says 'Do not neglect'. Because he stresses using this gift, we should take the time to understand what it is. It is 'that special inward endowment' that was given to you by the Holy Spirit when the church elders prayed over you at your ordination. (Ordination = when a person passes his schooling and is made a Pastor) To me this is obviously the Pastors annointing that is prayed on him when he takes his office. Paul makes it clear that this is a useable gift that Timothy can rely on. In this case it is a gift for teaching. As we read 1 Tim 4 we see that Paul is talking about teaching the gospel and getting rid of weird doctrine. So it seems to me that this annointing is to help Timothy discern the false doctrines, and to help him pass on the true gospel. A very nice gift indeed.

Application:
Since I teach, this is a gift I wil be sitting down to discuss with God. I want to please Him and teach His true gospel and not some screwball version.

Prayer:
Lord, help me to discern the truth from the lies, help me to spread Your word the way You want it spread. Help me to teach the right way, Your way. I pray this in Jesus name, AMEN!!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down