Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Share your thoughts on todays devotion

2 posters

Go down

Share your thoughts on todays devotion Empty Share your thoughts on todays devotion

Post  lelandh Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:27 pm

Psalms 69:1,2,3,5

S. Save me, O GOD! For the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the mire. Where the floods overflow me. I am weary with my crying. My throat is dry. My eyes fail while I wait for my GOD. O GOD, you know my foolishness, and my sins are not hidden from you.
O. Here David, King David is pleaing with GOD in his prayer. King David knew GOD, and he has everything. He knew that GOD put him in this place. And yet his pleading with GOD. Why? He even says here, that GOD you know my sins. GOD did say [after] that David was an upright man. GOD was also proud of David. So why is David pleading with GOD? David is talking about his enemies. Wasn't David the one who stood against Goliath and the Persian Army? So why is David worried?

I will share with you my application later.

Leland Higa

lelandh

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

Share your thoughts on todays devotion Empty Re: Share your thoughts on todays devotion

Post  AndyT Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:30 am

Leland,
I plead with God because I'm simply not worthy and I want Him to make me more what he wants me to be.

Please finish your journal, I'm interested in where you are going with it.
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share your thoughts on todays devotion Empty HELP

Post  lelandh Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:29 am

I believe because David had his own weaknesses (human). He does and did believe in GOD. But because he's human, in due time, stress will soon start to build. He started to live fleshly instead of spiritually. We too, will have that moment when we need to call on our mighty GOD for help. Because Davids faith was much more then the faith that alot of us will have, we will have to get on our knees and plead with GOD. GOD we need help. Our enemys is flooding our lifes. The waters are being filled pass our necks. It's overflowing.
O Lord my GOD. I am worried myself, and I do need alot of help. My afflictions overwelms me. I can hardly stand it anymore, please help me. I am overly stressed. There is absolutely to much rubbish all around me and the enemy is striking me in every angle. I try to be more in prayer and closer to you, But I think I need to be more in dept with you. So please Lord Jesus, I need your comfort and I will ask for your hand to continue to guide me. I love you Lord Jesus. In your Holy name I pray. AMEN

lelandh

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

Share your thoughts on todays devotion Empty Re: Share your thoughts on todays devotion

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down