Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Without Love

Go down

Without Love Empty Without Love

Post  AndyT Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:01 pm

Scripture:
1 I may speak in different languages of people or even angels. But if I do not have love, I am only a noisy bell or a crashing cymbal. 2 I may have the gift of prophecy. I may understand all the secret things of God and have all knowledge, and I may have faith so great I can move mountains. But even with all these things, if I do not have love, then I am nothing. 3 I may give away everything I have, and I may even give my body as an offering to be burned. But I gain nothing if I do not have love. [1 Corinthians 13: 1-3]

Observation:
Paul says that it does not matter if I do everything exactly right, if I do not have love, then everything else, no matter how perfectly done, is worthless.
that is because if anything is done without love, then it becomes legalistic and mean. the Pharisees did all the right things, but they did not have love which made them a very strict, mean bunch of rulers.

Application:
Make sure that I do things out of love and not a strict adherence to the law.

Prayer:
Father, I see Your love everyday, now I want to emulate it. Since I know I can not, then I ask that You shine Your love through me so that others may see it and come to desire You. In the mighty name of Jesus, AMEN!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down