Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Innocent?

Go down

Innocent? Empty Innocent?

Post  AndyT Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:13 am

Scripture:
19 For this finds favor, if for the sake of conscience toward God a person bears up under sorrows when suffering unjustly.
20 For what credit is there if, when you sin and are harshly treated, you endure it with patience? But if when you do what is right and suffer for it you patiently endure it, this finds favor with God. ( 1 Peter 2:19-20 NASB )

Observation:
The first time I read this passage I was flipped out. I thought, 'Why should I suffer if I am totally innocent!?' I was not happy with this bit of scripture for quite a while. Since then, I've had other things happen in my life that have prepared me to accept the truth and wisdom of this passage. Some days I still have trouble living it, but at least now I understand why it is an important part of growing in Christ.

Application:
This is a very difficult scripture to live out. Its impossible if your not ready for it. Pray and ask God to make you ready to accept this. Meditate on how Jesus stood mute before Pilate and took the abuse He never earned. What an amazing example for us!

Prayer:
Lord, you suffered at our hands and you were innocent! Help me to understand how you did this and the heart that is required to be able to do it. I can do this with family Lord, now help me to do it with others. I pray this in Jesus name. AMEN !!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum