Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Correction

Go down

Correction Empty Correction

Post  AndyT Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:56 am

Scripture:
19 The officer had said to the man of God, "Look, even if the LORD should open the floodgates of the heavens, could this happen?" The man of God had replied, "You will see it with your own eyes, but you will not eat any of it!" 20 And that is exactly what happened to him, for the people trampled him in the gateway, and he died. (2 Kings 7:19-20)

Observation:
Wow. That is a pretty harsh punishment for his doubt. What would cause Elisha to lay such a heavy correction on this man? Maybe it was because he was sick of people doubting God. Or maybe he felt it was time for an object lesson and this guy was the lucky one. Either way, I am so totally thankful that God has given us His Son so that we are now freed from this kind of punishment. I still want God to correct me, just not to the point of death.

Application:
I need to be self-correcting. I have to study God's word and know what He wants me to do and trust in Him to guide me thru it. When I do something that is not right, then I need to repent and change my life to keep me from doing that again.

Prayer:
Precious Father, please continue to lovingly correct me. Explain it to me in words and ways I can understand. Praise You Lord for this awesome miracle in my life. Praise You in the matchless name of Jesus! AMEN!!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum