Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freedom from captivity!

Go down

Freedom from captivity! Empty Freedom from captivity!

Post  AndyT Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:13 pm

Scripture:
8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. (Colossians 2:8 )

Observation:
See to it that no one takes you captive.. We become locked into patterns of thinking. Over time we get so used to thinking in certain ways that it is hard to learn new things. We grow up listening to different people telling us that the world works in certain ways. They teach us the worldly ways and answers and because we get stuck into that kind of thinking we listen to them and belive it. But when we come to Christ and start living life His way, then our thinking begins to change. We read the bible and we learn new things that do not agree with the way the world teaches us. Praise God He frees us from the captivity of the world!

Application:
Study God's word daily. Make sure I am spending energy on something worth doing.

Prayer:
Father, you have opened my eyes about so many things and have given me freedom in so many areas of my life. I thank you Lord for this awesome gift and bless you for it in the name of Jesus! AMEN!!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum