Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Become a Disciple

2 posters

Go down

Become a Disciple Empty Become a Disciple

Post  AndyT Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:19 am

Scripture:
12 But when Jesus heard this, He said, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick.
13 "But go and learn what this means: 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners." (Matthew 9:12-13, NASB)

Observation:
There is not just one lesson here, there are two. Jesus was telling the Pharisees that he came for the sinners and not the saved. He also told them to learn what this means 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE,', and by this he was calling them to action. Compassion is when you care so much about the suffering someone is going thru that you want to do something about it. Jesus wanted the Pharisees to come to feel compassion for their fellow man and DO SOMETHING about it. He was telling them to become His disciples and to pick up their cross and follow Him. Jesus is calling us to become His disciples also. His word is living and has spoken into our lives His desires for us.

Application:
Become a disciple of Christ Jesus. Oh yeah. Easy to say, but hard to do. Yes, it is not an easy way to live, but then that just means the rewards will be that much greater in the long run. Study the Bible. Learn what God has to say about things. This is the most sure way to hear His voice.

Prayer:
My precious God, forgive me for making judgements about people and not picking up my cross. I am a sinner Lord and try as I might, I will never be worthy of you. Thank You for making me right with the Father and allowing me to be one of your children. Lord, help me to follow your desire and be the disciple you want me to be in the holy name of Jesus! AMEN!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Become a Disciple Empty Re: Become a Disciple

Post  lelandh Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:39 am

This is with all of us. To have this compassion, but with everyone. Thanks for the message. Leland

lelandh

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum