Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reconciled?

Go down

Reconciled? Empty Reconciled?

Post  AndyT Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:21 am

Scripture:
"18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation" (2 Cor 5:18 NASB)

Observation:
What does reconcile mean? The dictionary says: 'To reestablish a close relationship' Jesus re-established our relationship with God when he died on the cross. Mankind used to walk around chatting with God all the time. Then Adam and Eve sinned and caused us to split from God. Jesus fixed the problem and made it so we could talk to God again. Wow. What a tremendous gift!
Jesus reconciled us to God and gave us the ministry of reconciliation which means that we are to let everyone know what He did and that it allows us and them to be with God again. Most people are out looking for this closeness with God, they just don't realize this is what they are missing. Its our job to let them know. Its our job to tell them about what Jesus did for us.

Application:
when I see someone that is having trouble because of a missing relationship with God, then I can let them know that they do not have to suffer anymore. I can lead them to Christ and let His love shine deep into their hearts and fill them. I need to always walk in the Holy Spirit so that these people will see that I have that special something that gives me peace and they will want it also.

Prayer:
God, help me to know when you are showing me people that need to know you better. Lead me to shine you and not me to them so that they will want you in thier lives. Praise you Father for giving us your Son who has reconciled ut to you! I lift your name up and give you all the glory! In Jesus mighty name, I pray all these things. AMEN!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum