Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Praise and Worship

Go down

Praise and Worship Empty Praise and Worship

Post  AndyT Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:13 am

Scripture:
Whenever the evil spirit from God bothered Saul, David would play his harp. Saul would relax and feel better, and the evil spirit would go away. [1 Samuel 16:23 CEV]

Observation:
David played his harp and the evil spirit would go away. We know that David wrote many songs, we call them Psalms. These psalms would have been praise and worship music for the times they lived in. We also know that God inhabits (lives in) the praises of His people. So David played praise and worship music that not only made the evil spirit go away, but also made Saul feel better.

Application:
I need to spend more time working on my music. The sooner I learn to play better, the sooner I can use it to soothe my soul and others when it becomes troubled.

Prayer:
Master, I have time to practice, what I really need is the discipline to do it. Help me with this Lord. I can not do it on my own. I have dropped other things I used to do instead to make the time, now I just need your help to actually use it that way. Praise You Master for all your awesome blessings, in Jesus name, AMEN!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down