Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Witness

Go down

Witness Empty Witness

Post  AndyT Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Scripture:
31 The Israelites served the Lord during the lifetime of Joshua and during the lifetimes of the elders who lived after Joshua who had seen what the Lord had done for Israel. [Joshua 24:31 NCV]

Observation:
As long as someone was alive that saw what God had done for them, Israel was good and followed
God. The implication here is that as soon as the eye-witnesses were gone, then the people began acting stupid and not following God anymore.

Application:
I have seen God's work in my life, and I have a hard time keeping myself on His path. Its not easy even for an eye-witness. So I can understand how the Israelites might have felt as they lived their day-to-day lives. But that is still no excuse. I need to focus myself even more tightly on God and His desires for my life.

Prayer:
Praise You God! I know I'm always asking for Your help, but its because I need it. I'm simply not capable of doing the right thing all the time without Your help, so I thank You Lord for giving me all that I need, in Jesus mighty name, AMEN.
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum