Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tour Guide

Go down

Tour Guide Empty Tour Guide

Post  AndyT Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:59 pm

Scripture:
1-4Don't imagine us leaders to be something we aren't. We are servants of Christ, not his masters. We are guides into God's most sublime secrets, not security guards posted to protect them. The requirements for a good guide are reliability and accurate knowledge. It matters very little to me what you think of me, even less where I rank in popular opinion. I don't even rank myself. Comparisons in these matters are pointless. I'm not aware of anything that would disqualify me from being a good guide for you, but that doesn't mean much. The Master makes that judgment. [1 Corinthians 4-4 MSG]

Observation:
I am a Christian Minister. To me, that is a great and awesome thing to be.But I don't look at it the same way many others do. I think of myself more as a 'tour guide'. I lead a couple of different ministry groups at church and the greatest problem I have is that some people expect me to be perfect. Or if not perfect, then I should have God's ear and do some miracles to show He approves of my leadership. However, I am only human and so I am subject to the same faults the rest of the planets population is. They seem to take my mistakes as personal affronts and judge me accordingly. Wow, thats pretty scary.

Quite often, I wonder how I wound up in this position, and then I remember, God put me here. I could have never done this on my own. I have way too many faults, problems and other issues to have come this far on my own. It has to have been Gods will for me to grow and move into this posistion.

Application:
What I need to do is keep my focus on what God wants me to do and listen for others to give me help along the way, just like I help those that are under me in ministry. None of us are perfect, but together we can all help each other to stay on the straight and narrow where God wants us.

Prayer:
Father, You know what I need, and You have provided it in such great abundance already. Keep me on Your path Lord, remind me when I begin to stray off of it, and let me give forgiveness for those that judge me by worldly standards. Praise You Lord, and bless You in Jesus name, AMEN
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum