Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revealed Knowledge

Go down

Revealed Knowledge Empty Revealed Knowledge

Post  AndyT Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:05 am

Scripture:
11 Brothers and sisters, I want you to know that the Good News I preached to you was not made up by human beings. 12 I did not get it from humans, nor did anyone teach it to me, but Jesus Christ showed it to me. [Galatians 1:11,12 NCV]

Observation:
Paul says very clearly that he got his knowledge of Jesus directly from Jesus Himself. He specifically says that he received it through revelation. Revelation means 'revealed or un-hidden'. So the things he was teaching, the gospel he was sharing had been planted in him by the Holy Spirit. He spent around 14 years getting this gospel and meshing it into his life. Now, at this point, I have to step back and ask, How did he know it was really from God? So of course I read a bit further in Galatians [Gal 2:1-2] and I see that he went to the leaders of the church and laid it all out for them. I'm sure they had some very lively discussions about it as they all worked their way thru this 'new' material.

Now, is Paul the only one God has ever given secret or hidden knowledge to? Nope. All the Prophets and all the Apostles I'm sure had received revelations. We know for sure that Peter did, as well as John. Ok, so does God give anyone this special knowledge now in today's times? The answer is, Yes. God has revelations for each of us. The revelation you get may not be new to everyone, but it will be new to you and at a time when it is particularly useful to you. As you study and think about God's word, He will open up little bits of info that begin to fill in the puzzle. As you keep on with your study, God will show you more and more. Now there is a catch here. Of course there is you say. The catch is that you have to add these juicy tidbits into your life. If God gives you a special about 'forgiveness', but you decide not to forgive anyone, then He will stop giving you the specials.
Thats a big catch you might think, but in the long run, it actually makes life much easier to live and get along with everyone.

Application:
So the thing to do is as I study God's word, I really need to take the relevations He gives me and apply them to my life. And these secrets might be delivered to me through another person like a Pastor, my wife, a friend, or even someone I don't like very much. So I need to always be listening to what people have to say to make sure that when God slides me a special, I am listening and I catch it. Then I can apply it to my life and be the better for it.

Prayer:
Father, I'm not always listening, and for that I am very sorry. Help me to pay more attention. I don't want to miss any of your special revelations to me. Help me keep my heart open and teachable so that I become more like you and less like the world. Thank You Jesus, as I pray in Your name, Amen!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum