Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Behind the scenes battle

Go down

Behind the scenes battle Empty Behind the scenes battle

Post  AndyT Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:25 pm

Scripture:
2 But the Jews who refused to believe stirred up those who weren't Jews. They poisoned their minds against the two men and the new believers. [Acts 14:2 NiRV]

Observation:
As a Minister, one of the most difficult things for me to see is people going out of their way to convince someone that God is not real, or that the way I'm teaching about Him is wrong, or any number of other ways they poison them against the truth. I have had times when I'm breaking thru all the lies that have been built up in someones life and a person comes along and actually strives against God by trying to make me look like a fool or something. By discrediting me, they work to discredit the gospel. This kind of thing used to make me very angry. Over time, I'm learning to pray in my spirit instead. I have to keep the lesson of James in mind when this happens. "Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." [James 4:7 NASB]

Application:
When I come across the kind of people that fight against God, I have to remember that they are not my enemy. They have been deceived by the evil one and I have to show them love as I work to undo the lies that they have been taught. It can be a long slow process, so I just have to be ready for the long haul. But I must keep the love of Jesus uppermost in my mind during the whole time.

I have a member of my family that for years has been making trouble of all kinds for me and the rest of the family. I've prayed for this person for a long time. I was beginning to think they would never change and never come to repent. I was hanging on to hope for this person only by Gods grace because mine had all been used up. Recently, this person revealed that they had been struggling with God and had just broken thru to a new level of closeness and understanding. WOW! I had to stop and thank God. I was so surprised by the change and it had seemed to happen all of a sudden, but, in reality they had been in a struggle for some time. I know my prayers helped. I look back now and I get a huge boost in my faith by this.

Keep praying, keep submitting to God, keep on keeping on because God is using you and your prayers behind the scenes and one day He will let you see some of the results of your prayer. What an awesome blessing it is when He gives us these little glimpses.

Prayer:
Father, I don't even know how to begin to say thank you for all you have done. Not just in my life Lord, but in the lives of those that have been deceived by the enemy. (That includes me too.) Jesus, help me to just keep on going, to keep on praying even when I think its not doing any good. Because I don't see whats happening behind the scenes, but you do. Thank you for occasional glimpses because they recharge and strengthen my faith, and let me see some more when I need them.

Lord, I pray for all the people that have been on my mind, I pray for those that have given trouble, I pray for those that do not understand, I pray for my students, I pray for my wife and family, but most of all Father, I pray that you would always be uppermost in my mind and my life and my actions. Let me be more of you and less of me in Jesus mighty name, AMEN.
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum