Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgivness for all

Go down

Forgivness for all Empty Forgivness for all

Post  AndyT Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:17 pm

Scripture:
Jesus said to Simon, "You are right." 44 Then Jesus turned toward the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? When I came into your house, you gave me no water for my feet, but she washed my feet with her tears and dried them with her hair. 45 You gave me no kiss of greeting, but she has been kissing my feet since I came in. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she poured perfume on my feet. 47 I tell you that her many sins are forgiven, so she showed great love. But the person who is forgiven only a little will love only a little." 48 Then Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." [Luke 7:44-48 NCV]

Observation:
As I was reading this, I had sort of a 'daydream' that I was sitting at the table also, and I told the woman her sins had been forgiven. Jesus looked at me and smiled and the Pharisee started pressing me as to just who I thought I was and so on... Its kind of odd to read the Bible and see yourself in a situation like that. It makes you wonder whats up with the rest of the world. How can they not understand? God forgave us our sins and we are expected to forgive each other also. If you can't get your head around that, then you need some serious one-on-one time with God.

Application:
Be forgiving and understanding and tolerant of others. Just because I don't know where they have been or what it took for them to get here, does not give me the right to pass judgement on them. I have to forgive them, give grace, and welcome them into a new way of life. And help them to learn how to live their new life in Christ.

Prayer:
Lord, You have forgiven me so many times I'll never be able to count them all! Help me to be as forgiving to others and help them to come and be welcomed into your house just as I was welcomed. I ask this in the mighty name of Jesus, Amen!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum