Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Real Deal

Go down

The Real Deal Empty The Real Deal

Post  AndyT Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:18 pm

Scripture:
"so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him." ( Hebrews 9:28 NASB )

Observation:
As I was reading this the words 'will appear a second time for salvation' jumped out at me. Hey, wait a second. I thought I was already saved, and is'nt that what salvation is? Question Ok. Gotta look up salvation.
This word is used of the deliverance of the Israelites from the Egyptians ( Exodus 14:13 ), and of deliverance generally from evil or danger. In the New Testament it is specially used with reference to the great deliverance from the guilt and the pollution of sin wrought out by Jesus Christ, "the great salvation" ( Hebrews 2:3 ).( Eastons Bible Dictionary )
Ok, got that. Reading a bit further it says 'without reference to sin' Hmm... Ok, so salvation that does not refer to sin at all. That has to be a different kind of salvation because the one Jesus gave us the first time was saving us from our sins. So what kind of salvation is not in reference to or saving us from, sin? Good question. Or maybe, Idea it's not really a different kind of salvation, but more like the full version of it. ( Hebrews 1 ) When Jesus came, it was with the intention of giving us a special gift of life, happiness and, glory with God in heaven. The first coming freed us from sin so that we could begin to live our lives for Him, proving ourselves to receive the rest of the package. His second coming is to deliver the rest of the package to those who really beleive and love Him. Those who eagerly await Him.

Application:
So I need to understand that there is more to come. Way more than I have seen here on this earth. Things I can only dream of. If I want to be in position to receive those blessings, then I need to make sure I am in the correct frame of mind and true in my heart in my love for God. A tall order. But with daily practice, just like guitar, daily practice, all things are possible through Christ who strengthens me. ( Phillipians 4:13 )

Prayer:
Jesus, I am slowly getting an understanding of what you want me to do. Help me everyday to do what it is I'm supposed to. I want the real deal. The whole package. I want to be where I am supposed to be not just physically, but spiritually and mentally and emotionally. I trust you are making me into what you want me to be Lord. Please keep me in your hands and under your authority and mold me as you will so that I will be ready to fully receive your complete salvation. I pray this in the mighty name of Chirst Jesus, AMEN!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum