Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Chance to do right

Go down

A Chance to do right Empty A Chance to do right

Post  AndyT Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:41 pm

Scripture:
1 The Lord spoke this word to Jeremiah during the fourth year that Jehoiakim son of Josiah was king of Judah: 2 "Get a scroll. Write on it all the words I have spoken to you about Israel and Judah and all the nations. Write everything from when I first spoke to you, when Josiah was king, until now. 3 Maybe the family of Judah will hear what disasters I am planning to bring on them and will stop doing wicked things. Then I would forgive them for the sins and the evil things they have done." (Jeremiah 36:1-3 NASB)

Observation:
Its pretty obvious here that God is giving His children a chance to turn around and do the right thing so He does not have to destroy them. But do they listen? Some do, but not enough. In this scripture, we find that God is also telling us that we need to repent and give up our evil ways. Are we listening? Do we belive it? Will we act on it?

Application:
Giving up a lifelong habit is not easy. Sometimes we have habits because we considered them to be healthy or lifesaving. But it comes down to what God has created us to be and how He wants us to live, not our own ideas of perfection. Doing something different is difficult, but trusting in God will help us to overcome the problem.

Prayer:
Lord, help me to do what is right and not worry about if I am right. I want to please you. In Jesus name, AMEN !!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum