Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunger

Go down

Hunger Empty Hunger

Post  AndyT Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:16 am

Scripture:
Jesus said, "My food is to do what the One who sent me wants me to do and to finish his work. (John 4:34)

Observation:
Jesus' disciples tried to get Him to eat some food and this is what He told them. Did doing the Fathers work fill His stomach? Possibly but more to the point, it satisified Him. He hungered for God's message to be passed to everyone and having it done is what gave Him peace. It may not have staisfied His physical hunger, but it satisified His spiritual hunger.

Application:
I also have a hunger, and not just a physical one. Everyone has a spiritual hunger for God's ways in our life. And the more we do to bring it to fruition, the more satisified we become. The challenge is to learn what God wants and to make it happen.

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, you have shown us that we can fill our spiritual stomachs with your desires. Help me Lord to do what you want me to do, not just what I want to do. Praise You Father, in Your holy name, Jesus. AMEN !!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum