Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teaching Standards

Go down

Teaching Standards Empty Teaching Standards

Post  AndyT Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:52 pm

Scripture:
1 My brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. (James 3:1 NCV)

Observation:
My life had been a maze of wrong choices and bad turns followed by stupid mistakes and outright foolishness. Now, I do my best to live for God and bring others to His house so that they can know Him. I find myself teaching bible lessons twice a week. I worry that what I'm teaching is the correct gospel. I can only pray that God would correct me strongly and swiftly if I veer from His truth. There are serious consequences for those of us that teach the wrong thing. God has a high standard for those who would teach His word. Do I measure up? Will I ever measure up?

Application:
But when I get up in front of the class and begin giving the lesson, all the fear and doubt vanishes. It's as though its not me talking. Yes, the words are coming from my mouth but lo and behold it always comes out in a way that matches God's word. I know, I've checked. I've been reading His word and after a class I'll go and do my daily reading and there is my lesson on the page in black and white (sometimes red). Praise God for using me to deliver His word to my students, and may He keep using me for His purposes.

Prayer:
Precious Lord,
Thank you for how you use me. Thank you for the confirmation I get when I read Your word. Help me Father to keep my life in line with where You want me to be. I pray this in Jesus matchless name, AMEN!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum