Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grin and Bear it

Go down

Grin and Bear it Empty Grin and Bear it

Post  AndyT Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:49 am

Scripture:
1 Remind the believers to yield to the authority of rulers and government leaders, to obey them, to be ready to do good, 2 to speak no evil about anyone, to live in peace, and to be gentle and polite to all people. (Titus 3:1-2 NCV)

Observation:
Yielding to those in authority over us. For most of us, this is a very difficult thing to do. I know I did not like taking orders from anyone because I always thought I knew more than they did. I especially hated our government. I still think it is a very corrupt organization but I still have to bow to their authority. God placed people above us for a reason. They will not always be smarter, or better equipped to handle the job, but that does not matter, they are in that position and I'm not.
And this carries down to the leaders we have at work, at church, even at home and play. There are always rules to follow and we need to be ready to do that.

Now, that is all well and good but not only do we need to submit to authority, but we also need to have a good attitude about it. Ok, I can do what they tell me to but you mean I have to like it too? No, you dont have to like it, but you have to have a good attitude about it. That means no complaining about it, no grumbling, no matter how much you dont like it or think its stupid. Put a smile on and just go do it.

The only exception to this is when you are told to do something that is against God.

Application:
This is one of those I'm just going to have to trust God to correct me on constantly. I can not make this change on my own, but I can grin and bear it. So thats what I need to do.

Prayer:
Lord, Please help me. Please slap me upside the head when I fail to do this. I need your help my precious Father and I ask for it in Jesus mighty name. AMEN and AMEN.
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum