Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules

Go down

Rules Empty Rules

Post  AndyT Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:10 pm

Scripture:
4 No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier.
5 Also if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.
6 The hard-working farmer ought to be the first to receive his share of the crops.
7 Consider what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything. (2 Tinothy 2:4-7 NASB)

Observation:
Soldiers, Athletes, Farmers... What do they all have in common? No, its not a trick question. Each one is working toward a goal. The soldier lives and fights under the rules of his commander. The athlete competes under the rules of the game. The farmer tends his crops by the rules of farming.
If a soldier does not obey his commander, then a battle might be lost. If an athlete does not follow the game rules then, he becomes disqualified. If the farmer does not follow the planting and harvesting rules then his crops might die and he and his family starve. Each has a goal he strives for and he needs to follow the rules to get there.
God has given us rules to live by and as long as we follow His rules we will win many battles, we will not be disqualified and we can expect to reap a great harvest.

Application:
Learn and know what Gods rules for me are. Live by the rules He has given me. How do I learn these rules? Study His word. Every rule I must live by is in His word. I should journal daily to make sure I am learning what I need to know to do the work God has for me according to His rules.

Prayer:
My Father. Praise You for giving me the rules to live by. Now I do not have to wonder what to do, I can just do it your way. And I trust that as long as I live Your way that you will provide everything I need. Praise You Father in Jesus mighty name, AMEN!!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum