Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes, He's listening...

Go down

Yes, He's listening... Empty Yes, He's listening...

Post  AndyT Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:50 pm

Scripture:
Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God.
God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few. (Ecclesiastes 5:2 NASB)

Observation:
Solomon is teaching here. He points out that we are only human and God is so far above us. We need to be careful in what we say and how we say it when we speak to Him. Now, since Solomon wrote this, Jesus came and freed us from the law. We can now go to our Father and have a casual chat with Him. But, we still need to keep it short and to the point when we pray in public.
Matthew has taught us this: "And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words." Matt 6:7 So God already knows what we are going to pray for. He already knows how we are going to ask for it. He already knows when, where, why and how we want it. He just wants to hear us ask for it. So feel free to pray, and for everything you need and want. But don't start going over and over and over and over it again and again and again and again... HE HEARD YOU ALREADY. Get on with it.
Sometimes when we ask someone for something they do not hear us or they forget to bring it or any number of other reasons why they did not get it for us, so we have to remind them. God always hears us, he never forgets anything and he always delivers on His promises. That is wonderful news because it means God does not need me to remind Him!

Application:
Pray, talk with God all I like. but ask God for things just the one time. Thank God for giving me these things daily no matter if I see them in my hands yet or not.

Prayer:
Lord, we need to be reminded but I know you do not. Help me Father to ask what I need from you and then to praise and thank you for it everyday! Praise You Lord and thank you for all you have given me in Jesus mighty name, AMEN and AMEN!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum