Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House cleaning

Go down

House cleaning Empty House cleaning

Post  AndyT Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:39 am

Scripture:
3 Then Samuel spoke to all the house of Israel, saying, "If you return to the LORD with all your heart, remove the foreign gods and the Ashtaroth from among you and direct your hearts to the LORD and serve Him alone; and He will deliver you from the hand of the Philistines."
4 So the sons of Israel removed the Baals and the Ashtaroth and served the LORD alone. (1 Samuel 7:3-4 NASB)

Observation:
Quite often I have to remind myself to quit putting things before God. Just like the Israelites, if I come back to God and put Him first in my life and get rid of all the other 'gods', then the Lord will deliver me. From what? From whatever is in my life I can not handle. Gluttony, greed, pride, any number of things people are so easily tempted by.

Application:
How do I figure out what in my life is more important than God?
I look at each item and imagine God told me to get rid of it. How would I react to that? If I refuse then I REALLY need to release it and give it to God because it's controlling my life.

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, help me to get rid of the things that take your place Father. Help me to focus my desire on you above all else in Jesus mighty name, AMEN!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum