Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Die To "Royal Self"

Go down

Die To "Royal Self" Empty Die To "Royal Self"

Post  CherT =) Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:18 pm

S
18 When David had fled and made his escape, he went to Samuel at Ramah and told him all that Saul had done to him. Then he and Samuel went to Naioth and stayed there.
23 So Saul went to Naioth at Ramah. But the Spirit of God came even upon him, and he walked along prophesying until he came to Naioth.
24 He stripped off his robes and also prophesied in Samuel's presence. He lay that way all that day and night. This is why people say, "Is Saul also among the prophets?"
~1 Samuel 19:18, 23-24~ (NIV)

O
When David was distressed he RAN to the protection of the LORD by going to Samuel. David knew that Samuel was a man of GOD and that GOD was with Samuel, so David sought after the advice of a GODLY man.

As for Saul, he was blinded by his own desires and greed, envy and jealousy of David, that his heart was stubborn to even SEE the LORD’S Hand upon David! Saul couldn’t even see that David was anointed by GOD and protected by HIM! Even after prophesying himself all day and all night, stripped of his “royal clothing”, brought face down and prostrated at the Feet of GOD.

A
I need to take account of all the times when I’m like David, and especially like Saul! I need to be more like David, when in distress all we have to do is look for GOD, HE’S not that far like where David had to go to Ramah to find Samuel, but GOD is right here in our hearts! Seek GOD’S advice and council, and then go for it! Like Pastor Gary Keesee says…Seek GOD’S plan, ask HIM, and when HE reveals them to us, take action, don’t delay, GO for it! Saul didn’t do that, he did what HE wanted to do and ended up being tormented…“…an evil spirit from the LORD on Saul”. We choose death when we choose the way of the world!

Now unlike Samuel, he walked in all GOD’S Ways, and David knew this and sought refuge with him. Who are the “Samuels” of our time? Are we? Am I? If not, WHY not? And not for our glory, but for GOD’S Glory!

P
LORD, help us to recalibrate our hearts to YOURS! Thank YOU for allowing us to RUN TO YOU, especially in our time of need, but most of all because we want to remain in YOUR Presence. And whenever I’m behaving like Saul, help me to come before YOU and prostrate face down at YOUR Feet and strip me of my “royal self” as a reminder that YOU are LORD of My Life! Continue to speak to my heart LORD, that I may know YOU more and Love YOU deeper…In the Mighty Name of JESUS…AMEN AND AMEN! I love you
CherT =)
CherT =)

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down