Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Go down

Don't Worry, Be Happy Empty Don't Worry, Be Happy

Post  AndyT Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:14 am

Scripture:
16We never give up. Our bodies are gradually dying, but we ourselves are being made stronger each day. 17These little troubles are getting us ready for an eternal glory that will make all our troubles seem like nothing. 18Things that are seen don't last forever, but things that are not seen are eternal. That's why we keep our minds on the things that cannot be seen. [2 Corinthians 4-18 CEV]

Observation:
Why do we stress over things? I know that I stress about doing Gods work. I worry if my motivations are right, am I treating people right, am I doing what God wants me to do? Is this how God wants it done? All these things give me stress. Then on top of these add the cares from the world. How will we pay for this, or can I buy that? House payments, car payments and repairs, taxes, economic crisis, small paychecks, rising costs for everything... Its enough to give you a stroke just thinking about it. I worry if I am being faithful with these things so that God might see fit to bless me with something bigger. Then I wonder if I even want anything bigger. I've already got enough stress on me as it is. Hmmm... Well God, maybe you can bless that guy over there a bit while I try and get caught up with everything.

But Paul says that these are small problems. Hardly worth the effort of worrying about them. I know he is correct. I know that in the long run, things do not even matter. What really matters is did I follow God. Houses, cars, airplanes, guitars, all these things will wind up as rubbish one day, but my soul will live forever and I had better be getting it in shape now so that I can enjoy eternity.

Application:
Like the song says, "Don't worry, be happy." ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9K4BKkLaCI ) Well, its an easy thing to say, but difficult to do. How do I give it all to God but still get the work done? I can start by doing what I can, when I can, and do it as if I was doing it for God Himself personally, because in the long run, I am. If I have done it for God, then I will have done the very best I possibly can and I can sit back knowing that God will fill in any blanks I left hanging open. I have to get this idea into my head and begin to live it out.

Prayer:
Master, You are the only one I really need to please. I want to please You as I make my way thru the days. Help me to hear Your voice and understand what it is that You want me to do, how you want it done, and when I should be done with it. Give me wisdom, not just for other peoples lives Master, but also for mine. Let me be able to apply Your wisdom to my life in such a way that I overcome the worldly desires and stress. Praise You my loving Master for all that You have given me, and I pray all this in Your most precious name, the name of Jesus, My saviour and my ultimate friend, AMEN!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum