Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOD IS MY LIFELINE!

Go down

GOD IS MY LIFELINE! Empty GOD IS MY LIFELINE!

Post  CherT =) Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:29 pm

S
8 "But you are to cling to the LORD your God, as you have done to this day. 9 "For the LORD has driven out great and strong nations from before you; and as for you, no man has stood before you to this day. 10 "One of your men puts to flight a thousand, for the LORD your God is He who fights for you, just as He promised you. 11 "So take diligent heed to yourselves to love the LORD your God.” ~Joshua 23:8-11~ (NASB)

O

When I read this, “Cling to the LORD your GOD”, I got the impression of how a little baby clings to their parents, like even infant monkeys do. Babies do this for security and comfort….And as if this person/parents are their Lifeline! This Lifeline will protect them, nurture them, fight their battles for them, love and care for them, and promise the world to them…GOD IS MY LIFELINE!

A
As a baby Christian I can relate to the stages of “Clinging to the LORD My GOD”, and with all my heart, and all my mind, and all my strength, and all my soul! Then this “cling to” turns to Love…And if we don’t take heed and we stray and walk away from our First Love, we may never experience the fullness of GOD’S Love for us!

Most of us never moved out from our parent’s home till at least age 18, but why then most baby Christians leave GOD and wonder on their own needlessly at an early “age”, instead of yearning for more of GOD and learning how to feed themselves that Spiritual “meat” to Christian Maturity, and even beyond?! This Scripture says, to “Cling to the LORD your GOD”….Not, “Cling to GOD sometimes, then let go, then cling to Him again, but not today, maybe tomorrow or next week, see how we feel first…” GOD is My Lifeline, and I’m going to cling to HIM for Eternity and forever and ever!

P
HEAVENLY FATHER, thank YOU for raising me up and for feeding me Spiritual Meat! Thank YOU LORD for enabling me to CLING TO YOU and LOVE YOU more and more, and deeper and deeper! Thank YOU LORD for all YOUR Promises, and for helping me to Mature in YOUR LOVE….In the Mighty Name of JESUS! AMEN AND AMEN! =)
CherT =)
CherT =)

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum