Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate being made wrong

Go down

I hate being made wrong Empty I hate being made wrong

Post  AndyT Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Scripture:
19 The teachers of the law and the leading priests wanted to arrest Jesus at once, because they knew the story was about them. But they were afraid of what the people would do. [Luke 20:19 NCV]

Observation:
The 'teachers' and pharisees were scared. There is only one reason they would have to be so scared.
Jesus was correct in his teachings and they knew it and, they had been teaching lies all that time and were afraid to be uncovered.

They were worried that if the people found out that they had not been teaching the real truth all that time that they would riot and throw the priests down from their high places. But they had been teaching straight from the book of the law so they felt justified in what they were doing. They knew if Jesus was proven to be correct that everything they believed would turn out to be wrong. I don't like being proved wrong, and I can imagine that someone whos income and status relied on his being right could not handle being made wrong.

Application:
I have to make sure that I know the real truth. The truth that Jesus taught, not something made up by people just to keep them in their lofty position. The only way I can get that truth is to carefully read the bible. I need to study it in depth. Journalling daily becomes even more important.

Prayer:
Father, thank You for giving me the means to know what You want of me. Your Word has saved me and refreshed me in uncountable ways. Help me Lord as I study it and come closer to You. Teach me what You want me to know. Thank You Father in Jesus mighty name, AMEN!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum