Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INSTEAD OF “LOOKING BACK”, LOOK UP!

Go down

INSTEAD OF “LOOKING BACK”, LOOK UP! Empty INSTEAD OF “LOOKING BACK”, LOOK UP!

Post  CherT =) Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:50 am

S
23 By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land. 24 Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. 26 But Lot's wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt. ~Genesis 19:23-26~ (NIV)

O
The Lord did exactly what He said He was going to do to the city where Lot lived. He had compassion and mercy on Lot, and warned him and his family what they needed to do. To RUN and NOT look back! And Lot did just that. But his wife disobeyed, probably staggering behind, and she looked back. She paid the consequences of her disobedience though…”and she became a pillar of salt.”

A
Like Lot’s wife, I too have a bad habit of “looking back”…Looking back at the things I used to have, or the things that I should’ve maybe done, or the relationships that are missed or broken, the places I’ve been, my upbringing, things that I’ve tried so very hard to forget, but sometimes they keep on haunting me. Hhmm….I need to be more like Lot! Obedient to God’s Will and not mine! God’s Promises are guaranteed. They are everlasing, and for our GOOD, and life saving…But we have to be Obedient! “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11-NIV)

Otherwise, we’ll have to face the consequences that’ll get our attention to turn us back into the right direction…Focusing on GOD and not our past or what’s behind us, no matter WHAT was ever said or done to us! Because God will take every hurt experiences and turn us into the Mighty Child of God that He’s created us to be…And not a pillar of salt!

P
Heavenly Father, thank You for ALL Your Promises (and warnings too) that You have given us! May we take heed to those warnings and stay focused on YOU in ALL we do! Instead of looking back, help us to always look UP…In the Mighty Name of Jesus! Amen AND AMEN! We Love You Lord. I love you
CherT =)
CherT =)

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down