Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obedience = GOD'S BEST For Us

Go down

Obedience = GOD'S BEST For Us Empty Obedience = GOD'S BEST For Us

Post  CherT =) Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:12 am

SCRIPTURE
"4 They said, "Come, let us build for ourselves a city, and a tower whose top will reach into heaven, and let us make for ourselves a name, otherwise we will be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth." 5 The LORD came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. 6 The LORD said, "Behold, they are one people, and they all have the same language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them. 7 "Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, so that they will not understand one another's speech." 8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from there over the face of the whole earth; and they stopped building the city. 9 Therefore its name was called Babel, because there the LORD confused the language of the whole earth; and from there the LORD scattered them abroad over the face of the whole earth." ~Genesis 11:4-9~ (NASB)

OBSERVATION
I've always wondered about these Scriptures every time I read them... confused scratch I asked God, "God, why did you do that? You've confused Your people, gave them different languages, and scattered them across the earth when they were all in "unity" and working together for one purpose???" But when I dig a little deeper, I find that their motives were all wrong, and they were being disobedient to God’s commands! Because God didn’t say, “Build YOURselves a huge tower and make a name for YOURselves, and stay in this one city and fill it!”

“And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth.” (Genesis 9:1) But they were all about them saying, "...let us make for ourselves a name, otherwise we will be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth." (vs. 4) They weren't in tuned with God, but only to their own desires...

APPLICATION
We’re not immune to ignorance and stupidity either, it’s human nature! Ouch. But if we’re not in tuned to God the hurt can be worse! God gave His Blessings and directions to receive God’s Best! He knows what’s best for us, and what it’ll take to get the job done…And in the end, God did what He did, and scattered all the people all across the earth, like THEY were supposed to! I can only imagine God saying, “Like I SAID, “BE FRUITFUL AND MULTIPLY, AND FILL THE EARTH!” For Goodness sake! For me, it’s not good enough to just read the Word, but to really dig in and dig deeper, to chew on it, and digest it, till it hits me and I finally get it! Ouch…

PRAYER
DEAR LORD, thank You for Blessing us with YOUR VERY BEST! May we always be in tuned to Your Will and reflect Your Character in ALL we do…Holy Spirit, thank You for tugging on our hearts when we’ve taken a detour from God’s path, and enabling us to always correct back to YOU LORD! We Love You. We give You all the Honor, Praise, and Glory…In JESUS’ Mighty Name! AMEN AND AMEN! I love you
CherT =)
CherT =)

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum