Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What she saw

Go down

What she saw Empty What she saw

Post  AndyT Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:07 am

Scripture:
6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. [Genesis 3:6]

Observation:
How can you see something be one way or another? We see things based on what we have learned all through our lives. To see something as 'good' means you have to understand it to one degree or another.
To get that understanding take time.

To me, this means that Satan took his time in convincing Eve that the fruit was really good. It's not like he just walks up to her one day and says: "Hi Eve, I'm the Devil. Listen, this fruit is really good for you no matter what God said. Want some?"
And she replies; "Sure." [munch munch] "Thanks!"

Application:
No, it took quite a bit more than that I can assure you. He spent quite a while, months perhaps, maybe years, to convince her to eat it. He has to slowly alter her personality so that when he finally offered the fruit her desire would be high and she would accept. It is amazing what we can be led to believe by Satan. We have to be on guard 24/7. Not just on sunday.

Prayer:
Father, thank you for always warning me about the enemy before I go knocking on his door. I know you will always lead me out of trouble when I listen to you. Praise You Lord! In Jesus mighty name! Amen!
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum