Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not my will.

Go down

Not my will. Empty Not my will.

Post  AndyT Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:32 am

Scripture:
9 When the Lamb opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of everyone who had been killed for speaking God's message and telling about their faith.
10 They shouted, "Master, you are holy and faithful! How long will it be before you judge and punish the people of this earth who killed us?"
11 Then each of those who had been killed was given a white robe and told to rest for a little while. They had to wait until the complete number of the Lord's other servants and followers would be killed. [Revelations 6:9-11 NASB]

Observation:
At first glance, this is a really depressing scripture. All these people had been killed and were suffering as they wait for God to take revenge on their murderers, and they had to wait for even more to be killed! But then as I look closer, I see that they are not suffering. They are cared for and given clean white robes and told to rest until the time comes for God to give out real justice.

Some bible scholars think that this section of Revelations [Chapt 6] is talking about history and works its way up to where we are now. They think we are living right now in Rev 6:11. We are waiting for the rest of God's followers to be killed so the next part of God's plan can begin and the whole tribulation happen. It sounds like a pretty good explanation, but I just don't see it that way. Right up front John said that anyone who adds or removes parts of this book will suffer a serious fate. Deciding that this is a 'history' of the world as a prophecy seems to me to be adding meanings where they were not intended.

Application:
Still, God can use any scripture to speak into our hearts and give us a lesson that others may not see. What I get from this is that God wants me to understand that the worst thing that could happen to me here is that my body can be killed but I will go on living and without the pain of this body! No, I'm not really ready to die, but I guess if it comes right down to it, I just might step in and die for Jesus. I have no way to know what I would really do. I just hope that no matter what happens, me having this attitude will not just help me face a possible death, but also touch the people that might be responsible for it.

Prayer:
God, You know I'm not ready to go yet. And hopefully you have lots more for me to do yet. I'm finally starting to really enjoy this life. Lead me Father where you want me to go. You said it best, 'Not my will, but Yours.' In Jesus mighty name, AMEN.
AndyT
AndyT
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-12-04

https://jwjesus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum